Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are “Heat & Eat” Schlumpia®? “Heat & Eat” Schlumpia® are already cooked, and come frozen along with instructions on how to reheat in a conventional or toaster oven. Check out our Heat & Eat menu.
- Can Uncle Larry cater my party or event? Sure! Just give him a call at (908) 938-3722 to plan your catering needs. He’ll deliver ready to eat Schlumpia® with paired dipping sauces for your guests to enjoy.
- How do I cook frozen Schlumpia®? Basically, you will keep the Schlumpia frozen until placing them into a preheated oven, cook them as per the included instructions and flip them halfway through. Blot them on paper towels and serve. Potato-Onion and Kasha Schlumpia® could use a sprinkle of sea salt.
- How do I order Schlumpia® and how much do they cost? Vist our Order page.
- How long will Schlumpia last in my freezer? Schlumpia® come frozen and vacuum sealed for freshness. They can stay frozen up to one year, but I bet you won’t be able to wait that long without heating them up and eating them. If you don’t make an entire package, you can keep the remaining Schlumpia® frozen in a zip-loc bag.
- Are Schlumpia® kosher? Schlumpia® are kosher-style. Schlumpia® do not contain meat from forbidden animals (pork/shellfish) and do not contain both meat and dairy.
- What makes Schlumpia® so special? All Schlumpia® are hand-crafted in a commercial kitchen, using the freshest and the highest quality ingredients available and never contain any preservatives or fillers (just fillings).
- Can I have Uncle Larry attend a Schlumpia® party at my home or office? You’ll have to ask him, but he’ll probably say, “Sure!”.
- Are there any other varieties of Schlumpia®? Yes, from time to time, there will be seasonal items, and new menu items. If you have a request, just let us know.
- How else can I try Schlumpia® without having to ordering a whole tray? From time to time, Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia® are featured at festivals, fairs and farmers markets. They are also available in scheduled pop-up restaurants in various locations in NJ, NY and PA. Locations will be posted on this website.
- Is there an Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia® food truck? Not at this time, but perhaps in the future.
- Is Uncle Larry really an uncle? Uncle Larry is not an uncle, but the term “uncle” is used as a sign of respect in Filipino culture.
- How can I provide Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia® with feedback or ideas? Just send him an email.
- How can I invest in Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia®? Please make checks payable to Schlumpia, LLC.