Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are they delivered crispy and hot? Yes, perfect if you plan on serving them within 30 minutes. After that, they may loose their crispiness and need to be reheated in a conventional or toaster oven.
- What if I don’t plan on serving them immediately? Schlumpia® can be provided already cooked, but frozen along with instruction on how to reheat in a conventional or toaster oven. Check out our Heat & Eat menu.
- Where are the Schlumpia® made? Schlumpia® are made in a commercial kitchen located in Hillsborough, NJ that is inspected by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Are Schlumpia® kosher? Schlumpia® are kosher-style. Schlumpia® do not contain meat from forbidden animals (pork/shellfish) and do not contain both meat and dairy.
- What makes Schlumpia® so special? All Schlumpia® are hand-crafted in a commercial kitchen, using the freshest and the highest quality ingredients available and never contain any preservatives or fillers (just fillings).
- Can I have Uncle Larry attend a Schlumpia® party at my home or office? You’ll have to ask him, but he’ll probably say, “Sure!”.
- Are there any other varieties of Schlumpia®? Yes, from time to time, there will be seasonal items, and new menu items. If you have a request, just let us know.
- How else can I try Schlumpia® without having to ordering a whole tray? From time to time, Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia® are featured at festivals, fairs and farmers markets. They are also available in scheduled pop-up restaurants in various locations in NJ, NY and PA. Locations will be posted on this website.
- Is there an Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia® food truck? Not at this time, but perhaps in the future.
- Is Uncle Larry really an uncle? Uncle Larry is not an uncle, but the term “uncle” is used as a sign of respect in Filipino culture.
- How can I provide Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia® with feeds?k or ideas? Just him an email.
- How can I invest in Uncle Larry’s Schlumpia®? Please make checks payable to Schlumpia, LLC. You may want to first send him an email🙂